Wednesday, January 9, 2008

[:: duck, duck, GOOSE! ::]

Goose Gossage is this year's sole inductee of MLB's Hall of Fame. My memory has engraved an image of a big man (with a 'stache to match) staring hitters down. His intense look matched his devastatingly accurate fastball. Luckily, I was able to see him pitch in person while he was with my Oakland A's. Although he didn't play the role of the closer, I was able to see him skillfully be the setup man for Dennis Eckersley, another HOFer. Congrats to Mr. Gossage -- well deserved!

In S.F. Giants news...
Today, Aaron Rowand said that the Giants will be "competitive" and have a chance to "win the division." Some fans ridiculed the statement, but I find it endearing and necessary. Rowand is a great player, not to mention he signed a 5-year/60 mil contract, and that is the exact attitude a team needs. Seriously, it's January. If he started complaining about how the Giants suck, it's going to be a long ass season. Thank you for the positivity, Mr. Rowand. Especially now that I've joined the ranks of S.F. Giants Season Ticket Holders.

I still love my A's!

No comments: