Monday, January 14, 2008

[:: 30 More Days ::]

Are you there Brian Sabean? It's me, Claire the first-year season ticket holder.

Billy Beane is rebuilding the A's and I can see the rationale. While I sigh loudly at each trade, I know why it's happening. First Haren, then Swisher, now Kotsay? Kotsay passed his physical so I guess we'll be seeing him in the good ol' NL East.

On the flip side, Mr. Sabean seems to have no direction when it comes to the future of the ballclub. How many "seasoned" players are we going to have on the SF Giants' roster? Can we get some youth up in our lineup? Please? Rowand was our big signing of the offseason -- 60 mil for 5 years? Homie is going to be 35 when his contract is up! Don't get me wrong, at this point, he is my favorite Giant because he comes from the Phillies and I was Phillies-obsessed last season (sorry, but the Giants and A's weren't so sparkly last season, whereas the Phils were exciting). He's my fave, but let's be real. Generally speaking, ballplayers reach their peak around 30. At this point, I'm not fond of the young 'uns that I come across, but when it comes to baseball, we need the youth for the present and future of the club.

30 days until Spring Training. I can't wait.

No comments: